International Student Guide
International Student Support
International students must abide by the rules and regulations set forth by Singapore Immigration Checkpoints and Authority (ICA) and BITC. International students are personally responsible for upholding as follows:
- You must attend the college for which you are authorized.
- Keep your passport valid at all times. Any information changes on name; sponsor etc. must be reissued.
- Check your travel documents to be certain they are in order before leaving Singapore.
- Report a change of residence to our BITC Administration office within 5 working days.
- Be aware of the expiration date on your passport. Also know when your required date of departure.
- Question concerning the above or any other international student issue may be directed to our BITC Administration office or by calling telephone number: 6336 3462 / 6276 6337 / 6275 6608 and making an appointment.
Pre-Departure Information for International Students
Before leaving your country to Singapore, kindly ensure that you have done the following:
- BITC Registration Form with Supporting Documents attached.
- PEI – Student Contract and Student Advisory Note.
- Fee Payment Receipt – Bank Related Counter File (if any/if required).
- Return the signed – Letter of Acceptance.
- Apply & Picked Up
- A valid Visa fro entry into Singapore (kindly contact our friendly Student Service Administrative at email@example.com for details on visa application).
- A valid airline ticket to Singapore.
- Ensure that you have
- A valid passport for international travel with at least 6 months validity.
- Bring along all original translated and certified copies of your Academic Transcripts and Certificates.
- Confirmed all housing arrangements and that you have a place to stay upon arrival into Singapore (kindly contact our friendly Student Service Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help in accommodation).
- Bring enough Singapore currency to cover the first few months of your stay in Singapore on arrival.
- Pack your personal belongings (clothing/toiletries/medications etc.). Most things can be purchased in Singapore though, but if you require regular medication, do get an adequate initial supply and prescription from your doctor and bring any medical documentation you have.
- As Singapore is generally humid and hot throughout the year, we will advise most Students to be dressed in cotton clothing /T-shirts. Students may want to bring some formal clothing for formal functions/presentations.
- Checklist of Things to Bring:
- A passport (with at least 6 month’s validity)
- A photocopy of the bio-data page of the passport
- Personal identification documents, such as Identity Card and Birth Certificate
- BITC Letter of Acceptance
- eForm 16, V36A and V36 where applicable – to be presented when collecting your Student Pass from ICA
- All original academic transcripts and certificates
- At least 6 pieces of passport sized photographs (Size: 35mm x 45mm)
- Confirmed letter/notification on your accommodation in Singapore (if any)
- Sufficient Cash for a few months