Make Basic Breads
- Types and uses of baking tools and equipment and assembling them.
- Types, characteristics, functions and quality indicators of baking ingredients and prepare ingredients for bread making.
- Principles of bread making (Fermentation process and gluten development, baker’s percentage and its formula, importance of proper measurements, sifting dry ingredients, resting dough and yield, ratio of liquid to dry ingredients, scaling ingredients and dough, types of dough and methods of making and shaping basic dough, knocking back, scoring and proofing)
- Bake proofed dough and indications of doneness
- Quality characteristics of dough and basic bread products
- Common faults in basic bread making that affects the quality of the products and how to prevent them
- Sandwich Loaf
- Cob Bread
- Dinner Roll
Length of Course Duration
4 days (9am to 7pm for Lesson 1, 2 & 3, 9am to 6pm for Lesson 4)
Breakdown of Course Components
Mode of Assessment
- Oral Questioning
Nett Course Fee (incl GST)
|No funding||Full Course Fee (without Funding)||$680.00|
|Normal – 80% at max $17/hr||Self-Sponsored: Singaporeans between 21 to 39 yrs old/ PR
Company-Sponsored: Non-SMEs (Singaporeans less than 40 yrs old/ PR)
|Enhanced – 90%||Self-Sponsored: Singaporeans aged 40 yrs old and above
Company-Sponsored: Non-SMEs (Singaporeans aged 40 yrs old and above)
Company-Sponsored: SMEs (SG/ PR)
WSQ Funding Requirements
- Fulfill at least 75% attendance for the training
- Marked ‘Competent’ for the assessment to be eligible for funding.
SkillsFuture Credit is applicable to offset the Nett Course Fee.
Please complete this course application form and submit to us via Email at email@example.com
Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Modes of Payment
- SkillsFuture Credit
- Cheque (payable to “Baking Industry Training College Pte Ltd”)
- Bank Transfer (pls email us after you have made the bank transfer so that we that we can match with our bank records):
- A/C Name: Baking Industry Training College Pte Ltd
- A/C No: 687-387514-001 (OCBC Bank)